Thursday, November 3, 2016

CHRYSOS CHRYSTUS CHRYSALLIS

 














Chrysos.[i]
Chrystus.                                                                  

Shell Chrysallis
I shed thee
Spreading golden wings
For him to see.

Poor pupa
Golden pain
Springing joyous
Christening me.
Death’s baptism
Into life,
Into love,
In the midst of life.

Christo sunestauromia
Shedding only shell
My being ever living.
Chrysos,
Christus
Ever living
Lives in me.

Sanctifica me,
Salve me,
Inebria me.
Christen me
with thine own self,
For thou dost know me
for what I am.
Thou knowest I need thee.

Deep-laid in a soft red womb,
Absconde me
Ne permittas me
Separari a te,
Intra tua vulnera!
Bring to me
third birth
beyond death,
Spreading golden wings
for Him to see.

He died,
Chrysallis.
He lives,
Chrysos
Chrystus.
I died.
I will die again,
I will ever live.

Deo gratia!






[i] Notes:

Chrysos.                                             Gold              
Chrystus.                                           Christ

Christo sunestauromia                   I am co-crucified with Christ

Sanctifica me,                                   Sanctify me
Salve me,                                           Save me
Inebria me.                                       Inebriate me

Absconde me                                    Hide me
Ne permittas me                              Do not permit me
Separari a te,                                     To be separated from Thee
Intra tua vulnera!                            In your wounds!

Deo gratia!                                        Thanks be to God!

No comments: