Saturday, September 19, 2015

Wondrous Love










The greatest wonder of my life is that of being loved. 
The love that I have known did not come by heritage. 
It flowed not from the wellspring of my earthly parentage,
      but from a deeper purer well. 
Sin makes one obdurate, one’s own sin and the sin of others.
      My heart was adamantine,
      closed by the vagaries and vicissitudes of life. 
His love is pure,
      a richly flowing stream
      from the wounds in his hands, his feet, his side. 
His love is not in words alone, but
      in a work of such profound humility
      that he left the throne at his Father’s side
            and was born one of us. 
      Bone of our bone,
      flesh of our flesh,
            broken for us and for all who will receive him. 
He is my steadfast love, he who loved me so
To him alone I open my heart and pray in wonder and awe,
      “Enter in and take your place on the throne of my life
            even as you have risen and ascended
            and taken your seat at your Father’s right hand.”
      “Whom have I in heaven but thee, 
       and having thee there is nothing upon earth that I desire.”

No comments: