Monday, April 20, 2009

UNNECESSARY BURDEN BEARING

There are times when the burdens seem overwhelming, and those are the very times when one looks down and discovers that one is up to old tricks. No doubt that is why in the evening psalm You remind me, “I am a man who has no strength…I am shut in so that I cannot escape … I am helpless” (Psalm 88:4, 8, 15 ESV).

Once through the first big death in the midst of life, smaller deaths are easier. That is why I am glad to release not just the past, but also the future and the present to You. What is amazing is that You say that Your burden is light. You are glad to share the burden with me, but when I am overwhelmed it is because I have forgotten and am trying to carry it all by myself.


Matthew 11:28-30 ESV “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

No comments: